Saturday, March 13, 2010

Who is Lola?

"So many dreams at first 
seem impossible.
And then they seem improbable.
And then when we summon the will,
they soon become inevitable."
-Christopher Reeve 

Many of you know me Lori, and identifying myself as "Lola" may leave you wondering if you found the right blog :-)  So, who is Lola....perhaps an alter ego...or perhaps the playful, sassy, dreamer, & free spirited aspect of myself that comes alive every time I leave home.  I never truly thought I'd say that, but the reality is that just the idea of a journey (even if it is only 15 minutes out of town)  brings my spirit to life!  It is as though my wings expand with just the thought of hopping in the car or soaring with a plane from one destination to the next.  Every sense comes alive, awakened by the opportunity to see a new landscape, to see nature in a new way...it is as though I'm looking within and finding a part of myself thrilled to be celebrated. 

While Lola has been a free-spirited aspect of me, it is the name Lori that I was given at birth.  Lori is the name that has walked with me through all the areas of my life that reflect responsibility, organization, and structure.  Each equally wonderful attributes credited with many accomplishments, and ones that I fully honor and acknowledge for they have empowered me to finish both undergrad and grad school (+ internships) in five crazy and super-focused years, to get the "perfect" job upon completion of school, and to maintain focus in many new endeavors and transitions since.

But it is Lola who dared me to dream of a different life.  It is Lola who dared to dream what at first seemed impossible.  It is Lola who dared to awaken the artist, the traveler, the dancer, and the sassy, free-spirited wanderer!  

And it is Lola who dares to spend a summer afternoon braiding daisies in the prairie! 

What is your "impossible" dream? 
I invite you to live that dream!!!


No comments: