Monday, April 12, 2010

So since I made my last post..."too often we are scared"... I have found my own subtle fears presenting themselves...the ones that whisper in ways I often dismiss as "logic, reason, or just being practical." I would typically cower to these fears in ways I didn't even recognize...with my own rationalization "it's just not time, or I need to wait." But this time, I found comfort in looking further, in diving right in & going for it! With a little guidance & support from Spirit that is :-)

I love the tarot...as a child, teenager, and college student, it weirded me out.   For tonight, I'll blame it on my Catholic upbringing...& the fact that what can be more frightening (if not properly understood) than the death card?  But over the past couple years I've explored oracle cards...you know, angels, then fairies, the medicine woman tarot, and then the actual Raider Waite Tarot!   What I've discovered is that the Tarot is simply a reflection of our life's journey...our epic journey!  It is simply a story, our story told as a myth...and when we look at it that way, it's hard not to let go of the details.  

Not only do we have the opportunity to live and experience each card throughout our life, but we have an opportunity to cycle through many deaths & rebirths!   A cycle I have become quite familiar with over the past 3 years.

Death & destruction are not only a natural parts of our lives, but necessary parts.   They allow us to release and let go of that which no longer serves us...& when done with honor and intention, it is liberating!

So, back to where I was initially headed with tonight's entry...
Today, as my fear jumped in with "logic," I took a couple deep breathes and consulted the Medicine Woman Tarot by Carol Bridges (my favorite).  This is the message I received...absolutely perfect:  "Your vision has brought a portion of your dream to you.  But not all forces are yet aligned with your dream.  ...  In any case, you must use your personal talents to guide the dearly desired to you.  Your fears will rise up.  It is time to go with your gifts, pull out your talents and use them, however meager you may think them to be.  This is what the universe is asking of you now."

And if I had any...any doubt, that doubt was eased when my cell phone marked a missed call at 5:55, and my facebook friend count rolled over to 555....and with that number I found the message "Hold the vision until you land on the new shore."  

So message is taken, and the vision is being held.  It's beautiful, it's full, and my spirit is filled with love and gratitude....soaring with vision!  
 

No comments: