Sunday, July 25, 2010

love, love, loving the huayruro

Huayruros are so much fun!  Not only is huayruro a fun word to say...play with me...y-roo-roo...doesn't that make you giggle?....But they are fun to wear!  Here are a couple pieces I've been playing with.  They will be available online next week....one already is :-)
This one is already available online...check it out!














Each of these pieces will be a part of the Peruvian Inspired line of jewelry.  The seeds and stones used to create these beautiful pieces were purchased on my journey to the Sacred Valley of Peru in June.

The huayruro is one of my favorites!  I absolutely love its vibrant color and the way the seeds polish the more they are worn.  

The Huayruro is a seed used by Native Americans throughout the Amazon basin.  These playful red seeds are considered very sacred and believed to promote health and bring good luck.  The solid red seeds are considered feminine, and the red and black seeds are considered masculine. 

Peru...and in particular the high lands of the sacred valley is one of my absolute favorite places.  Each time I visit, I find myself in a deeper place of oneness with all of creation.  It opens my heart and reminds me how to love fully, wholly and expansively.  With every visit I find myself moved by the simple means in which the people live their lives.  I am moved by the deep connection they have with Mother Earth, Father Sky, the mountains, the rivers, the corn fields, potato fields, and with each other.  

During one of my travels to Peru I spent some time in a community by the name of Maras.  10% of the sales from each piece of Peruvian Inspired jewelry will be donated to an organization in Maras called the Andean Research Institute (ARI).





No comments: